-
February 6th, 2004, 10:45 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I was just wondering... i got a catalouge from my dear asian tv company that i had ordered Meteor Garden from and it had a show called The Poor Prince Taro...the show's title has the same kanji as the S-C scanlated title Yamada Taro..Is it the same series..if it is is the TV version anygood??
-
February 17th, 2004, 06:00 AM
#2
HB Forum Owner
I live! (again...) Can't talk too much on the board tonight though because I have to write my English essay AND my Japanese essay due tomorrow and it's almost 2 am. I'm so productive.
Anyway, yes, this is the same series as the manga. The TV series is a taiwanese drama series based off of the manga series and starring "Vic", one of the beloved boys from the F4 boy band. (and I used to be a fan of the group, so shhhh. XD)
The series is pretty funny on TV as well, and it is pretty identical to the storyline of the manga. I think that some scenes look weird or corny in the tv series since they just weren't meant to be portrayed with real live people acting them out (I mean, how do you expect to pull off the killer Yamada's-eyes-popping-out-when-he-sees-food-being-wasted scenes in real life?)
As for the actors who they used to portray the characters...I think Yamada was chosen excellently. Despite the fact that he has black hair instead of blonde (which is kind of important in the story since Yamada is mixed) he's perfect...he's got that cute young boy look and is so charming on screen. ^^ Mimura's actor fits the part excellently too. He looks just like I imagined the manga character would look like in real life. Sugiura's actor kind of bugged me though. He looks and acts like a punk asian (you know...bandanna on the head type) with short spiked hair but he really ought to be more of a teen idol heartthrob type.
Err...anyway, I'll try to learn how to rip the vcd and put a bit of it online for all of you to see. ^^ And then you can judge for yourself just how good it is!
-
February 17th, 2004, 09:46 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Vic...*drools* My favourite since....ages ago!!(missed his autographing session ><)I think the drama series was quite good too! Very funny ^.^ I think Taiwan does a lot of manga based drama series
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks